Buyer Guide 👉 https://nashvillelivinglife.com/buyers-consultations-guides/
- Undivided Loyalty: The agent must act only in your best interest and put that above their own and those of other people. The agent must avoid conflicts of interest and must protect your negotiation position at all times.
- Confidentiality: The agent must keep information confidential, even after your relationship ends. Confidential information includes your personal information, information about the property, and information about the transaction (except information the law says must be disclosed or information you agree to disclose).
- Full disclosure: The agent must tell you, in writing, about the services they will provide. They must also tell you everything they know that might affect your relationship or influence your decision in a transaction, even if they don’t think it’s important. This includes any conflicts of interest, for example when they act (or are planning to act) on behalf of any other person in a transaction. The only information they can’t give you is confidential information from another agency relationship.
- Obedience: The agent must obey all your lawful, reasonable and ordinary instructions. If you insist on something unlawful, they agent must refuse and consider ending your relationship and the agreement.
- Reasonable care and skill: The agent must exercise reasonable care and skill in all their duties. They must meet the standard of a reasonable and competent member of the real estate industry.
- Full accounting: The agent must account for all money and property they receive while acting on your behalf. Everything a client puts in the care of an agent – for example, money, keys or documents – is returned when the agreement ends.
Costs Associated with Selling a Home
Thankfully when you sell your home, we take care of all costs to get your home ready to list and all marketing efforts, however the are some costs we would like you to be aware of up front.
- Mortgage: The biggest cost to most when selling is paying off the remainder of the balance owed on the mortgage(s).
- Realtor Fees: As you will see below, we put in an exhaustive amount of time and effort to get your home sold, and while we love you, this is how we put food on the table for our families!
- Lawyer Fees: Once an offer has been accepted, the lawyers take over.
- Staging: (if necessary)
Let’s Go Through This Step-By-Step!
Choosing the Realtor
For most, a home is one of the most substantial financial investments that a person makes, which is why it is exceptionally important to choose a Realtor that is going to go above and beyond when working to get it sold for top dollar in the least amount of time.
Analysis of Your Home (CMA)
The next step is to evaluate your home via a formal walk-through. We believe that you deserve to be confident in the numbers we provide, so while you may decide to work with one or two of us, we have the entire team assess your home to identify the strongest position for your home on the market.
How we arrive at the price:
- A thorough understanding of the market in your city, neighborhood, and specific location within your neighborhood.
- Evaluating the comparable properties that have recently sold.
- Evaluating the comparable properties that are currently for sale.
- Following the walk through, we will take note of all details regarding the interior and exterior of the home and make the appropriate adjustments.
Let’s Hit The Market! Listing Your Home
Once the list price has been agreed upon, it is time for us to get the home ready for the market, which typically includes (but is certainly NOT limited to) the following:
- Professional photography + Twilight images
- Custom home walk-through video
- Professional measurement
- Staging tips or suggested repairs if necessary
- Generate custom images for online marketing
- Design custom full color 2-sided feature sheets
- Install For Sale Sign
This is where many agents fall short. Historically, many Realtors believe that once the property is uploaded onto the MLS, the job is done. For us, the job is just getting started. Once your home goes Active on the market, we do the following:
- Provide feedback from every showing (many will tell you they will do this, but fail to do so)
- Provide weekly updates on recent sales, new listings, and expired listings in your area.
- Market Watch Report: This shows how many times your home has been viewed online, each day.
- Open houses: We consistently get a larger turn out than most, as we attract traffic by means of online marketing and both door knocking and calling your neighborhood to inform them.
Marketing & Advertising
With a widely appreciated strength in marketing, we ensure that your home is advertised using industry leading techniques and technology that many Realtors are still unaware of how to leverage to help get the job done.
- eXp Realty
- Social Media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- International Websites (We are partnered with the most extensive list of Local & Domestic, International, and Luxury websites for all of our listings)
- Custom Home Video Tour
Reasons Why Homes Don’t Sell
- The price has the greatest influence on positioning, where the intent is to get the most amount of money, in the least amount of time. Something that happens all to often, and is detrimental to homes, is over pricing because of the following:
- The property becomes stale. When buyers see a home that has been on the market for a lengthy period of time, they begin to wonder what is wrong with the property.
- No initial influx of showings. When a home is priced properly, buyers are eager to capitalize on the opportunity. However, since buyers are more educated now than ever, they know when a home is overpriced and will often times wait until reductions begin to occur.
- Even if a buyer is interested, often times they will not write an offer. The reason being is offers are typically written close to fair market value, and if that value is considerably different than the list price, they do not want to offend the sellers and will hold off or move on.
- As mentioned previously, many Realtors believe it is sufficient to put a listing on the MLS and wait for offers. In today’s world, that is far from the truth. We actively search for buyers around the clock by leveraging our highly regarded techniques for online exposure, and utilizing the latest technology at the highest level to attract maximum attention.
- We cannot stress enough how important it is for your home to show well. One of the most impactful influences on a buyers decision to purchase is how the home is staged, almost 80% of Realtors admittedly feel uncomfortable talking to their clients about how their home shows and what improvements would aid in the sale.
Leave a Reply